Wednesday 29 April 2020

Roman Angelos - Spacetronic Lunchbox (Happy Robots)



Happy Robots are establishing themselves as one of the most fascinating and innovative labels around at the moment.   This quirky delight from Roman Angelos (the pseudonym of New Yorker Rich Bennett) crams eleven synth pop tunes into ten minutes.  It's like the kind of muzak you'd hear in a psychedelically-altered elevator.

Having played a track from the album in my Dandelion Radio show last month I've been playing 'Farewell To Love' in this month's show (hear it today or tomorrow or on Mixcloud after that) and I still can't get enough.  If the elevator analogy can be extended further, it's like, having reached your intended destination, you forget all about it and want to leap back in again and again just for the hell of it.

Get the album here and look out for the forthcoming album from Mood Taeg on Happy Robots: I'll be playing a track from that in my show next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment