Saturday 25 April 2020

V/A - You Don't Have To Be Fashionable Vol. 8 (With A Messy Head)



The annual You Don't Have To Be Fashionable compilation from French label With A Messy Head is always keenly anticipated.    The release invariably offers great opportunities to hear some great new bands or artists from around the world, reacquaint yourself with a few already established favourites and just generally listen to some fantastic tunes. 

Volume 8 is up there with the best yet.  I've made it a featured compilation in my Dandelion Radio show this month, playing tunes from three bands I don't think I've played on the show before - Germany's Big Hit, The Victor Pope Band from Scotland and Barcelonas Ella Ella along with tracks from the wonderful Carton Sonore (France) and Woog Riots (Germany), both of whom I've featured multiple times before and will no doubt continue to do so.   Incidentally, the new Woog Riots single is great and I'll be playing that in my show next month.

Get the album for free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment