Another dollop of my favourite music of the year:
15. The Chronicles of Cheeze, Volume V - Lee Negin (Passing Phase)
A regular visitor to these end of year lists. This is his best yet - an extravaganza of subtly weird electronica.
14. Departure - The Vacant Lots (Sonic Cathedral)
There was so much really good psychedelic rock around in 2014, but few releases matched this: thrills from start to finish.
13. These Songs Hate You - The Crytearions (Self-released)
Brilliantly savage bandcamp release from an Irish band who I discovered by chance. Extraordinary noise.
12. March of the Gremlins - Naram (Jahtari)
Another one from early in the year that's been on regular rotation ever since. Glorious.
11. New Codes of the Unfun - Nnevteiga (Self-released)
With this and their 2013 album, Nnevteiga can justifiably claim one of the finest two-album punches of recent years. Twisted noise with just a touch more melody than their previous release.