Continuing my annual countdown:
25. Vatta - DerTANZ (Self-released)
DerTANZ stand out even in the vibrant Hungarian music scene. This brooding monster offers perhaps the finest example yet of a sound that sees them stand apart from the noisy clarion calls of so many of their excellent compatriots. DerTANZ are different - embrace them.
24. Flying Ant Day - Tyrannosaurus Dead (Odd Box)
Indie pop with a frenetically caustic edge. If Odd Box are one of the foremost labels in a fresh and vibrant scene, TD are their standard bearers.
23. The Infinity Dub Sessions - Deadbeat & Paul St Hilaire (BLKRTZ)
Deadbeat and St Hilaire's styles clash magnificently in this pulsing, throbbing musical extravaganza.
22. Investigates Strange Weather Patterns & the UFO Cults of Cold War Nevada - The Fucked Up Beat (Self-released)
Erstwhile Daddy Tank sound-twisters strut their stuff independently and produce music that manages somehow to destroy brain cells and expand minds at the same time.
21. Rave Tapes - Mogwai (Rock Action)
They just get better. Released in January of this year: next instalment in one of music's most engrossing series due in Jan. 2015.